Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 5: The right approach?

What exactly is the right approach?

Clearly I want to make a change, a large one at that... but how?

It's amazing how nervous I can get while writing a simple letter...I'm never sure how to address the recipient, how to approach the topic without coming across unreasonable.

I am extremely confident in my ability to write a proper letter, I know the format and what I want to get across, yet every time I pull that word document up I freeze.  Why?

It is frustrating.  The weight of what I am trying to do is really pushing down now, and I am realizing this is not going to be an easy accomplishment, its going to test me in my patience, my dedication and my intelligence.  I see this now and I am going to tackle it head on with everything I've got.  I'm not afraid to ask for help, the problem is help is hard to find.  It is very hard to spread the news on ERF when no one wants to listen...but then again I probably wouldn't listen if I were you either...

So that leaves the question of 'what is the right approach' unanswered...

Admittedly today's post hasn't shed new light on anything ERF related really, I don't have any interviews to share, I don't have any new break through or road blocks.

Just a very frustrated author of a very unpopular blog pondering where to start and how.  Until I have an epiphany on the 'right' approach, I'll just have to keep doing what I am doing and hope that something comes of it.

I will stay persistent. I must.

Thank you for reading today,

Racheal

2 comments:

  1. Don't be discouraged. Unpopular blog maybe but not for long! I applaud you and your mission, I myself am constantly preaching this to anyone who will listen and I am so happy to see someone taking it so seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just stumbled across your blog- through facebook somehow...
    Anyway, I think what you are trying to do is great! Are you a CPST yet? If not, I strongly recommend taking a class and getting involved through your local Safe Kids (hopefully you have one..)I actually just took the class last year, and occasionally volunteered at our local seat check events. I also work part-time at a local hopsital, and just by meeting the right person I am now going to be teaching the car seat class that is part of our prenatal education! And since I volunteer with Safe Kids I'll stress the importance of a car seat check by a profesional..It's a great way to get involved and get the information out there. good luck!

    ReplyDelete