Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 3 & 4: Anti ERF law?!

Yesterday was my birthday, and admittedly I didn't do much.
Yep, got lazy but hey, it was my birthday.

Today I discovered this:

and to be honest I am disgusted.

I personally live in Wisconsin...and this is what it says:

children younger than 1 and all children who weigh less than 20 pounds are required to be in a rear-facing infant seat; children 1 through 3 years who weigh at least 20 pounds but less than 40 pounds are required to be in a forward-facing child safety seat; children 4 through 7 who both weigh at least 40 pounds but less than 80 pounds and who are less than 57 inches tall are required to be in a booster seat



You're kidding me!

That is probably why people don't ERF!
It's illegal?
If it is illegal then why did the officer I asked about ERF with my son he said it was okay?

This is misleading information that is now a big thorn in my side.
I will definitely find an answer to why this is published and why its not enforced if its 'required', more importantly why is that 'required'.

I would really like to know what is going on to cause such a law.
This needs to change.

I will make a priority of contacting my local courthouse tomorrow so that I can speak with a law enforcement officer.  I wish that one phone call could change this but that is hardly the case...but I am whole heatedly dedicated to seeing this through.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
Have a happy Monday!

~Racheal~

1 comment:

  1. I am thinking the law just means that a child between x age and x size are required to be in a proper car seat period. It's probably an older law that needs to have the wording updated. Things are very slow to change and so many people are still stuck on the 1 year/20pounds bit that they don't realize there is a better way.

    ReplyDelete